Some Things to Keep in Mind

Discussion's surrounding the official Freezenet Wiki.

Moderators:Moderator, Discussion Moderator

IceCube
Site Admin
Some Things to Keep in Mind

Post by IceCube » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:04 pm

Hello everyone,

I've created this new forum to discuss things related to the Wiki. Spam, of course, is top of mind when it comes to creating sections of the site. Unfortunately, it also means that discussing the Wiki directly wound up being a difficult thing to implement. The Wiki is locked down due to concerns that it could get overwhelmed by spam and malicious edits, but the unfortunate side effect is that it's not open to discussion from anyone.

The next best thing is to create this subforum as people can more openly discuss it (and this web forum has its own anti-spam controls that can be managed while still allowing open discussion).

So, I wanted to go over a few things about the Wiki. First of all, the scope of the Wiki is absolutely massive. There are probably millions of hours worth of music to cover alone let alone anything else. So, while you are certainly free to offer suggestions on what to document on the Wiki itself, keep in mind that it might take a while to get to given how much content if at all.

In the same vein, you are also free to offer corrections and edit suggestions as well to existing pages. Just don't expect those edits, once confirmed, to happen overnight. We will do everything we can to ensure inclusivity and accuracy, but we can't work miracles at this stage even if it seems that we are performing some as I write this.

Having said all that, have fun talking about the Wiki!

Thank you for your understanding,
- Drew

Edit: Further to the above post, I wanted to point out that we now have volunteer positions available for Wiki contributions. You can check out the posting here. Because of opening up the site to third party contributions, I hope that more varied content can be added more quickly. If you have solid knowledge about a certain kind of music and feel that you can help people research that kind of music, then this might be a golden opportunity for you. Alternatively, if you'd like to add to existing content or expand on what is currently available on the Wiki, that's just as good and we are open to anyone willing to help out. Different people have different tastes in music and the more tastes that can be included on the Wiki, the better! :D