‘God Put Me in That Window’: QAnon Adherent from Idaho Who Filmed Herself Inside Capitol Building Has Been Arrested

Weird or funny offbeat news as submitted by users

Moderators:Moderator, News Moderator

IceCube
Site Admin
‘God Put Me in That Window’: QAnon Adherent from Idaho Who Filmed Herself Inside Capitol Building Has Been Arrested

Post by IceCube » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:17 am

A woman from Boise, Idaho who posted several photos and videos of herself storming the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 was arrested on Wednesday, the Idaho Statesman reported.

According to the report, Yvonne St Cyr, 53, was taken into custody by officials from the Department of Homeland Security, the Boise Police Department, and the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force based on a warrant from the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. The criminal complaint detailing the charges filed against St Cyr have not yet been posted to the court’s public docket.

[...]

In a since-deleted Facebook Live post from Jan.7, St Cyr bragged about having “made CNN” (she was shown on the cable news network leaning out of a Capitol Building window and yelling “this is our house”).

“God put me in that window, so I’m assuming God put me on CNN screaming like a mad woman,” St Cyr said, according to the Idaho Statesman. “So hey, maybe I’m going to get arrested again, but I would get arrested and I would die for this country. So no regrets.”

Later that same day, she posted a second Facebook Live video claiming that she only stayed inside the Capitol to charge her phone and didn’t hurt anyone. She also reiterated the false claim that the 2020 election was “stolen” from Donald Trump. She referred to those who stormed the building as “patriots.”

Source

Soooo.... it's God's fault you committed an act of terrorism and got caught?