Kansas Supreme Court suspends foul-mouthed judge from bench

Weird or funny offbeat news as submitted by users

Moderators:Moderator, News Moderator

IceCube
Site Admin
Kansas Supreme Court suspends foul-mouthed judge from bench

Post by IceCube » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:47 pm

BELLE PLAINE, Kan. (AP) — A foul-mouthed Kansas judge accused of bigotry who cursed at courthouse employees so often that a trial clerk kept a “swear journal” documenting his obscene outbursts was on Friday suspended from the bench for one year.

The Kansas Supreme Court called Montgomery County Judge F. William Cullins’ behavior “quite troubling” while meting out a punishment that was harsher than the censure and coaching that a disciplinary panel recommended last year.

“He has intimidated and publicly humiliated court employees. He has shown bias and the appearance of bias by his insulting and careless remarks, even while on the bench and presiding over hearings. By his coarse language in the courthouse, he has sullied the dignity and propriety of the judiciary,” the court said in its decision.

The ruling is effective immediately, but the court said it would consider waiving the remaining suspension after 60 days if Cullins enters into an approved plan for training and counseling. It also ordered Cullins to pay all the costs of his disciplinary proceeding.

Source

"I don't need no f***ing counselling! This is bulls***!"
"Yeash, they weren't kidding when they said you need help keeping your swearing down. You're definitely here for the right reasons."
"What the f***??!! This s*** is f***ing stupid! You f***ing c*** can't tell me to stop f***ing swearing. This s*** is p***ing me off! F*** the f***ing f***ers who said I should go through this s***!!!|
"Three sessions a week it is then. Definitely three sessions a week."