This is what getting stung by a ‘murder hornet’ looks and feels like

Weird or funny offbeat news as submitted by users

Moderators: Moderator, News Moderator

IceCube
Site Admin

This is what getting stung by a ‘murder hornet’ looks and feels like

Post by IceCube » Wed May 06, 2020 9:34 pm

On Brave Wilderness’ “Breaking Trail” YouTube show, the host, Coyote Peterson, follows adventure in a variety of wildlife areas.

In one episode, Peterson travels to one of the most remote stretches of Japan in search of the Japanese giant hornet, also known as the “murder hornet,” which, he says injects venom in such a high dosage that it can destroy tissue and attack the nervous system.

“No matter how you break it down, this sting is incredibly dangerous,” Peterson said.

[...]

Within seconds of the sting, Peterson’s arm begins to swell where he took the hit, and it’s immediately clear that he is in pain, as he rolls and cries out on the ground.

“When the stinger went into my arm, I had a wave come over me and I got super dizzy,” he said. "(I got a) wave of dizziness really quick -- absolute searing pain. The pain was immediately searing.”

His hand also completely seized up. And 24 hours later, his arm had swollen to nearly double its normal size.

Peterson, who takes stings from insects rumored to be some of the most painful in the world, described the pain as being worse than anything he’d experienced.

Source

Link contains a video if you're brave enough.