She mapped out a perfect plan for Boston Marathon Monday. Just one thing was missing, and it wasn’t the race

Weird or funny offbeat news as submitted by users

Moderators:Moderator, News Moderator

IceCube
Site Admin
She mapped out a perfect plan for Boston Marathon Monday. Just one thing was missing, and it wasn’t the race

Post by IceCube » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:49 pm

“I’m an idiot.”

After crossing the Boston Marathon finish line alone Monday morning, Lindsay Devers checked her phone and thought to herself, “I’m an idiot.”

Devers, a 30-something nurse anesthetist at Massachusetts General Hospital, thought she had mapped everything out perfectly for her debut marathon. She had trained for five months leading up to the race’s postponement, the first in its 124-year history, and wasn’t ready to wait until the rescheduled date in September to cross the finish line.

She had heard the requests to stay off the 26.2-mile course, but finishing that final stretch down Boylston Street was still on her mind. So, she got creative.

Using a fitness app called Strava, Devers designed a roughly eight-mile route that began in the Boston Common and circled through the streets of Back Bay. The circuitous path ended at the marathon’s finish line and would spell, “Boston Strong,” in her app’s GPS.

Well, that was the plan at least. Once Devers checked her phone, she realized she had made a mistake: The “N” in “Boston Strong” was missing.

“Boston Strog,” Devers laughed. “I’m an idiot.”

Source

Is this some sort of reference to the video game series "Quake"?